Who's Benny?

As I promised, I'm writing a post dedicated to my favorite cooking book author- Benny Saida. Benny published almost 30 cooking books; I've got only 8 of them (but don't worry- my birthday is coming soon- so I've already prepared a wish list....if you want to help me enlarge my cooking-books shelf- pls talk with my hubby)


The book that made me fall in love with Benny's recipes was a dessert book, given to me by my mother-in-law 4 years ago, called "Something sweet". This book is all about cakes and cookies and I'm using it for every family occasion and holiday and get lots of compliments. The cakes are quite impressive but the recipes are simple, although some of them are taking 2-3 days to be done (20-30 minutes each time, but sometimes I don't have the patience). The last book I bought is how surprising, another dessert book- "One bowl cakes"- those cakes are much easier and takes less time. I find them great for the weekends- when you want something sweet, but don't have the time to bake something grandiose.


I'm using Benny's books almost in every meal- I have recipes for appetizer, main course, extra and desserts. What I like the most in Benny's books is the simplicity of the recipes- you don't feel you need to graduate some chef school to understand what you should do, and the fact that you can find the ingredients in every grocery store. As I said in my first post- Benny is not a pro- he's not a chef and never studied at cooking school. He's a professional physical therapist- and yet he's books are in all the best-sellers-charts. Try and you won't be disappointed :-)

You can see in the picture the leftovers from the cake I made last Friday- a chocolate- coconut cake from Benny's last book. Not too sweet, not heavy, and most important- easy to do.

תגובות

  1. Hon, put an example recipient each time, maybe for the pictured food?

    You can say how it was and what you think should be changed...

    Hubby No. 1 ( as in the first :P )

    השבמחק
  2. I can't put Benny's recipes that he didn't publish over the net cause he has copyrights on his books... but I can tell which book it's from so people will buy his books :-)

    השבמחק

הוסף רשומת תגובה

רשומות פופולריות